Zadar City Tour
This time machine tour will launch you through the solar system and while being accompanied by a sweet melody of the Sea Organ you will be flying through millennia of Zadar history – an ancient city of which some might say it is older even than Rome itself.
Reviews 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style City, Culture, Family, Guided Tours, History
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Medium Group
Somewhere near the Mt. Velebit, the last European wilderness, there is a place where fertile Ravni kotari ('flat districts'), blue Adriatic Sea and a magnificient archipelago meet and greet each other. At this intersection there is a living time machine. This time machine will launch you through the solar system and while being accompanied by a sweet melody of the Sea Organ you will be flying through millennia of Zadar history – an ancient city of which some might say it is older even than Rome itself.
If you look beyond the scars of the recent war, away from the socialist legacy, behind the ruins of the Second World War, you will see the regional center of the Habsburg Monarchy and the Venetian protectorate.
Behind the walls that were once protecting Europe from the Otomane empire in this medieval royal city you will discover traces of 4th crusade peacefully resting on the foundations of a Roman colony.
Two hours of time travel will take you from the technological 21st century to the hard stone of the ancient civilization. And back. Other important things, such as tastes, smells, colors and valuables, you shall be discovering by yourself in many picturesque cafes and restaurants, narrow streets, amazing museums and beautiful churches.
Do not forget – it is local people who supply the time machine with their life energy – the time machine called the city of Zadar!
- tour guide
- transfer (on request)
All tours and programs must be paid prior to performing (no later than 15 days).
Cancellation by Customer
If a customer cancels a paid travel package/trip, Mountain Traveller Croatia is entitled to retain the following amounts of the total price of the travel package:
- up to 30 days prior to departure, 10% of the travel package price no less than 100 HRK
- 29-22 days prior to departure, 30% of the travel package price
- 21-15 days prior to departure, 40% of the travel package price
- 14-8 days prior to departure, 50% of the travel package price
- 7-0 days prior to departure and after departure, 70% of the travel package price
- no show – 100 % of the travel package price
Cancellation by Mountain Traveller Croatia
MTC reserves the right to cancel trips. If we are forced to cancel a trip we will attempt to find an adequate replacement. However MTC may not be held liable for any other losses incurred as a result of the cancellation of the planned activity.
Cancellation of a planned activity may occur due to:
- adverse weather conditions namely generally objective circumstances. No refunds will be issued for trips affected by acts of nature (storm, forest fire, stormy wind). These occur naturally in mountain environments and are beyond our control. If we believe these factors will affect the safety of a program, MTC reserves the right to relocate or reschedule a trip. If no arrangements can be reached to relocate or reschedule a trip, the cost will be credited towards another MTC program if used within a year
- failure of payment by client at least 7 days prior the trip
- if clients have less time available than agreed upon as that decreases the quality of the travel package/trip
In order to ensure your place in the MTC activities, clients must fill out a request and upon receipt of the offer they sent a reservation confirmation and deposit payment.The deposit is paid in the amount of 50% (currency: HRK) of the total price of the selected activity. The rest of payment is to be paid no later than 15 days before the date of the activity or documentation is provided of indisputable insurance of total payment of the activity. Whereupon the client does not fulfill his/her obligation no later than 15 days prior to the date of the trip, it shall be deemed that he/she has cancelled the reservation without the possibility of refunding the deposit.
Payments (currency HRK) can be made via the account at Splitska banka: 2330003-1153288854 (IBAN: HR3323300031153288854) or via Pay Pal.