Water Treasures of Velebit Mountain
Join us in the exciting world of karst beauties
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Discovery, Family, Food & Wine, Guided Tours
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Large Group
Krupa, one of the most beautiful rivers in Croatia, abounds in numerous cascades, rapids, shallows, abandoned mills. The clearness of water and lushness of vegetation around the river in combination with a stark contrast of the surrounding rocky cliffs won't leave you indifferent!
Kuda's bridge that crosses the river Krupa makes one of the oldest drystone bridges with 12 arches - according to a legend, it was built by Kude, a young man in love, in order to make it easier for himself to visit the chosen one of his heart on the other bank, so the bridge got the name after him and was later classified as a protected monument of culture.
Very soon we are reaching the mouth of the river Krnjeza into the river Krupa and further the Krupa Monastery. It was built in the time of King Milutin in the 14th century and has been rebuilt several times over the centuries because of frequent calamities.
At this point, we have to leave this peaceful place and bring along only good thoughts.
- professional mountain leader service
- accident insurance
- snack/lunch during activity
- entrance ticket for the Paklenica NP
- transfer (on request)
- travel insurance
Duration: 4 hours (app.walking time: 2.30h)
Activity level: K1 - EASY/T1
Altitude difference: 500m+
Terrain: gravel – rocky/mountain & tourist path
Departure: Usually we meet the group at village Golubić near river Krupa. Tour ends at Krupa monastery.
Transfer: on request
Lunch: Please bring snack during activity (sweet & salty) and packed lunch as on this tour there is no available restaurant/hut. Lunch can be arranged at the end of the tour at a nearby local farm with great local food.
Please contact us if you wish to make reservations for a lunch.
For your own safety and the pleasant stay in nature you need to know which minimum of equipment to use and bring with you. Below is a list of necessities for your trip that you'll always get from us, to prepare good for a tour. Mountain Traveller Croatia guides reserve the right to refuse providing service to those customers who do not have basic equipment.
In case you don't have basic and/or additional equipment please let us know and we'll provide the equipment for reasonable price.
Depending on the selected tour, you still need to bring personal basic equipment such as: shoes, clothing, sun protection, water bottle, snacks & isotonic drink, personal documents, medications if you use any, sleeping bag, personal hygiene and cash.
- Comfortable shoes (sneakers) or hiking boots
- Comfortable clothing + extra clothing (to change it later)
- Backpack (15-30 L)
- Sun protection (sunblock cream, cap, sunglasses)
- Weather protection (depending on weather conditions: umbrella or raincoat, wind-jacket)
- Water bottle ( min 2L)
- Snacks (energy bars) & isotonic drink
- Medications if you use any
- Personal documents (ID, medical insurance card )
Extra: Cash (for souvenirs, drinks and food not included in the program, guide tip)
All tours and programs must be paid prior to performing (no later than 15 days).
Cancellation by Customer
If a customer cancels a paid travel package/trip, Mountain Traveller Croatia is entitled to retain the following amounts of the total price of the travel package:
- up to 30 days prior to departure, 10% of the travel package price no less than 100 HRK
- 29-22 days prior to departure, 30% of the travel package price
- 21-15 days prior to departure, 40% of the travel package price
- 14-8 days prior to departure, 50% of the travel package price
- 7-0 days prior to departure and after departure, 70% of the travel package price
- no show – 100 % of the travel package price
Cancellation by Mountain Traveller Croatia
MTC reserves the right to cancel trips. If we are forced to cancel a trip we will attempt to find an adequate replacement. However MTC may not be held liable for any other losses incurred as a result of the cancellation of the planned activity.
Cancellation of a planned activity may occur due to:
- adverse weather conditions namely generally objective circumstances. No refunds will be issued for trips affected by acts of nature (storm, forest fire, stormy wind). These occur naturally in mountain environments and are beyond our control. If we believe these factors will affect the safety of a program, MTC reserves the right to relocate or reschedule a trip. If no arrangements can be reached to relocate or reschedule a trip, the cost will be credited towards another MTC program if used within a year
- failure of payment by client at least 7 days prior the trip
- if clients have less time available than agreed upon as that decreases the quality of the travel package/trip
In order to ensure your place in the MTC activities, clients must fill out a request and upon receipt of the offer they sent a reservation confirmation and deposit payment.The deposit is paid in the amount of 50% (currency: HRK) of the total price of the selected activity. The rest of payment is to be paid no later than 15 days before the date of the activity or documentation is provided of indisputable insurance of total payment of the activity. Whereupon the client does not fulfill his/her obligation no later than 15 days prior to the date of the trip, it shall be deemed that he/she has cancelled the reservation without the possibility of refunding the deposit.
Payments (currency HRK) can be made via the account at Splitska banka: 2330003-1153288854 (IBAN: HR3323300031153288854) or via Pay Pal.