Underground City & Velika Paklenica Canyon
Beautiful trail that reveals the highlights of the Paklenica National Park
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Culture, Family, Guided Tours, History
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Large Group
This tour starts at educational trail Pjeskarica, named after flower that grows only in the canyons of Velika and Mala Paklenica and nowhere else in the world.
Walk takes us on a journey through an area of diverse relief forms and lush vegetation. Several mills along the way prove the incredible stories of local's people life and their survival.
Trail takes us further to the heart of the canyon, surrounded by up to 700 m high cliffs, which is famous croatian and european climbing area with over 450 boulted routes for climbing that attracts hikers and climbers from around the world.
It reveals the secret hidden deep in the heart of the rock – Underground City Paklenica, huge bunkers (2000 square metres) built by the former president of Yugoslavia, Tito in 1950's.
Not far from the bunkers opens a view of the impressive rock of Anica Kuk (712m/asl), the most famous rock for climbing in Croatia.
- professional mountain leader service
- accident insurance
- snack/lunch during activity
- entrance ticket for the Paklenica NP
- transfer (on request)
- travel insurance
Duration: 3-4 hours (app.walking time: 2-3h)
Activity level: K1- EASY/T1
Altitude difference: 200m+
Terrain: gravel/tourist path
Departure: we usually meet the group at the entrance of Paklenica National park. Tour ends at the upper lot of Velika Paklenica canyon.
Transfer: on request
Lunch: as there is no mountain hut on this route, please bring a packed lunch for picnic.
It's possible to organize lunch after the end of the tour at the old tavern on the coast (sea food) or at the restaurant on the coast with a larger choice of meals (meat dishes, dishes for vegans and vegetarians, steakhouse) or for fans of fast food pizza restaurant or spaghetteria.
For your own safety and the pleasant stay in nature you need to know which minimum of equipment to use and bring with you. Below is a list of necessities for your trip that you'll always get from us, to prepare good for a tour. Mountain Traveller Croatia guides reserve the right to refuse providing service to those customers who do not have basic equipment.
In case you don't have basic and/or additional equipment please let us know and we'll provide the equipment for reasonable price.
Depending on the selected tour, you still need to bring personal basic equipment such as: shoes, clothing, sun protection, water bottle, snacks & isotonic drink, personal documents, medications if you use any, sleeping bag, personal hygiene and cash.
- Comfortable shoes (sneakers) or hiking boots
- Comfortable clothing + extra clothing (to change it later)
- Backpack (15-30 L)
- Sun protection (sunblock cream, cap, sunglasses)
- Weather protection (depending on weather conditions: umbrella or raincoat, wind-jacket)
- Water bottle (min. 1L)
- Snacks (energy bars) & isotonic drink
- Medications if you use any
- Personal documents (ID, medical insurance card )
Extra: Cash (for souvenirs, drinks and food not included in the program, guide tip)
All tours and programs must be paid prior to performing (no later than 15 days).
Cancellation by Customer
If a customer cancels a paid travel package/trip, Mountain Traveller Croatia is entitled to retain the following amounts of the total price of the travel package:
- up to 30 days prior to departure, 10% of the travel package price no less than 100 HRK
- 29-22 days prior to departure, 30% of the travel package price
- 21-15 days prior to departure, 40% of the travel package price
- 14-8 days prior to departure, 50% of the travel package price
- 7-0 days prior to departure and after departure, 70% of the travel package price
- no show – 100 % of the travel package price
Cancellation by Mountain Traveller Croatia
MTC reserves the right to cancel trips. If we are forced to cancel a trip we will attempt to find an adequate replacement. However MTC may not be held liable for any other losses incurred as a result of the cancellation of the planned activity.
Cancellation of a planned activity may occur due to:
- adverse weather conditions namely generally objective circumstances. No refunds will be issued for trips affected by acts of nature (storm, forest fire, stormy wind). These occur naturally in mountain environments and are beyond our control. If we believe these factors will affect the safety of a program, MTC reserves the right to relocate or reschedule a trip. If no arrangements can be reached to relocate or reschedule a trip, the cost will be credited towards another MTC program if used within a year
- failure of payment by client at least 7 days prior the trip
- if clients have less time available than agreed upon as that decreases the quality of the travel package/trip
In order to ensure your place in the MTC activities, clients must fill out a request and upon receipt of the offer they sent a reservation confirmation and deposit payment.The deposit is paid in the amount of 50% (currency: HRK) of the total price of the selected activity. The rest of payment is to be paid no later than 15 days before the date of the activity or documentation is provided of indisputable insurance of total payment of the activity. Whereupon the client does not fulfill his/her obligation no later than 15 days prior to the date of the trip, it shall be deemed that he/she has cancelled the reservation without the possibility of refunding the deposit.
Payments (currency HRK) can be made via the account at Splitska banka: 2330003-1153288854 (IBAN: HR3323300031153288854) or via Pay Pal.