Underground Beauty – Manita Cave
Take a closer look from the inside
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Family, Guided Tours
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Large Group
Paklenica National Park abounds in numerous karst relief forms, among which there are some important underground forms like caves and pits. Manita Cave is the only cave in the Paklenica National Park decorated for sightseeing. It is 175 metres long and divided into two halls rich with stalactites, stalagmites, stalagmats and cascades.
The route takes us above the Velika Paklenica Canyon and reveals the views of the Paklenica's highlights.
After a cave tour which takes app. 30 min we descent to the bottom of the Velika Paklenica Canyon and walk along the creek further to the mountain lodge.
- professional mountain leader service
- accident insurance
- snack/lunch during activity
- entrance ticket for the Paklenica NP
- entrance ticket for the cave
- transfer (on request)
- travel insurance
Duration: 6-7 hours (app.walking time: 4-5h)
Activity level: K2- MODERATE/T1
Altitude difference: 500m+
Terrain: gravel – rocky/tourist path
Departure: we usually meet the group at the entrance of Paklenica National park. Tour ends at the upper lot of Velika Paklenica canyon.
Transfer: on request
Lunch: It's possible to have a meal at mountain lodge (beans, sausage, prosciutto, cheese) or you can bring your own packed lunch for picnic.
Please contact us if you wish to make reservations for a lunch.
For your own safety and the pleasant stay in nature you need to know which minimum of equipment to use and bring with you. Below is a list of necessities for your trip that you'll always get from us, to prepare good for a tour. Mountain Traveller Croatia guides reserve the right to refuse providing service to those customers who do not have basic equipment.
In case you don't have basic and/or additional equipment please let us know and we'll provide the equipment for reasonable price.
Depending on the selected tour, you still need to bring personal basic equipment such as: shoes, clothing, sun protection, water bottle, snacks & isotonic drink, personal documents, medications if you use any, sleeping bag, personal hygiene and cash.
- Comfortable shoes (sneakers) or hiking boots
- Comfortable clothing + extra clothing (to change it later)
- Backpack (15-30 L)
- Sun protection (sunblock cream, cap, sunglasses)
- Weather protection (depending on weather conditions: umbrella or raincoat, wind-jacket)
- Water bottle ( min 2L)
- Snacks (energy bars) & isotonic drink
- Medications if you use any
- Personal documents (ID, medical insurance card )
Extra: Cash (for souvenirs, drinks and food not included in the program, guide tip)
All tours and programs must be paid prior to performing (no later than 15 days).
Cancellation by Customer
If a customer cancels a paid travel package/trip, Mountain Traveller Croatia is entitled to retain the following amounts of the total price of the travel package:
- up to 30 days prior to departure, 10% of the travel package price no less than 100 HRK
- 29-22 days prior to departure, 30% of the travel package price
- 21-15 days prior to departure, 40% of the travel package price
- 14-8 days prior to departure, 50% of the travel package price
- 7-0 days prior to departure and after departure, 70% of the travel package price
- no show – 100 % of the travel package price
Cancellation by Mountain Traveller Croatia
MTC reserves the right to cancel trips. If we are forced to cancel a trip we will attempt to find an adequate replacement. However MTC may not be held liable for any other losses incurred as a result of the cancellation of the planned activity.
Cancellation of a planned activity may occur due to:
- adverse weather conditions namely generally objective circumstances. No refunds will be issued for trips affected by acts of nature (storm, forest fire, stormy wind). These occur naturally in mountain environments and are beyond our control. If we believe these factors will affect the safety of a program, MTC reserves the right to relocate or reschedule a trip. If no arrangements can be reached to relocate or reschedule a trip, the cost will be credited towards another MTC program if used within a year
- failure of payment by client at least 7 days prior the trip
- if clients have less time available than agreed upon as that decreases the quality of the travel package/trip
In order to ensure your place in the MTC activities, clients must fill out a request and upon receipt of the offer they sent a reservation confirmation and deposit payment.The deposit is paid in the amount of 50% (currency: HRK) of the total price of the selected activity. The rest of payment is to be paid no later than 15 days before the date of the activity or documentation is provided of indisputable insurance of total payment of the activity. Whereupon the client does not fulfill his/her obligation no later than 15 days prior to the date of the trip, it shall be deemed that he/she has cancelled the reservation without the possibility of refunding the deposit.
Payments (currency HRK) can be made via the account at Splitska banka: 2330003-1153288854 (IBAN: HR3323300031153288854) or via Pay Pal.