Three Canyons Adventure
Three canyons on such a small area will provide plenty of fun and unforgettable experience
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Discovery, Family, Food & Wine, Guided Tours
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
This interesting tour begins with an off-road driving up to the mountain plateau (700m/asl). The tour passes over three canyons carved vertically into the southern slopes of the longest Croatian mountain Velebit. At the very beginning we will have the opportunity to see the old rural farm in order to get to know Velebit lifestyle a litle more closely. Here you can see wild horses, Istrian boškarins (an indigenous Istrian cattle, nowadays in danger of extinction) and other domestic animals while enjoying stunning views over the reef and the highest peaks of Velebit. After passing two canyons we descent down to Starigrad-Paklenica over Velika Paklenica Canyon.
- professional mountain leader service
- accident insurance
- snack/lunch during activity
- entrance ticket for the NP Paklenica
- transfer (on request)
- off-road transfer
- travel insurance
Duration: 8 hours (app.walking time: 5 - 6h)
Activity level: K2- MODERATE/T1
Altitude difference: 500m+
Terrain: gravel – rocky/mountain & tourist path
Departure: usually we meet the group at Starigrad – Paklenica. Here we board in off-road vehicles (Land Rover Defender Jeep) and drive up to the mountain plateau. This is interesting and fun part of the trip. Tour ends at the upper lot of Velika Paklenica canyon.
Transfer: additional cost to this program is off-road transfer up to the mountain plateau.
Price per person: 100,00 KN/13€
Lunch: As there is no mountain hut on this tour, we recommend that you bring your own packed lunch for picnic and snack (sweet & salty) during activity. Possible to arrange lunch after the end of the tour at familiar restaurant for hikers and climbers, or at the restaurant on the coast with a larger choice of meals (meat dishes, dishes for vegans and vegetarians, steakhouse) or for fans of fast food there is pizza restaurant or spaghetteria.
Please contact us if you wish to make reservations for a lunch.
For your own safety and the pleasant stay in nature you need to know which minimum of equipment to use and bring with you. Below is a list of necessities for your trip that you'll always get from us, to prepare good for a tour. Mountain Traveller Croatia guides reserve the right to refuse providing service to those customers who do not have basic equipment.
In case you don't have basic and/or additional equipment please let us know and we'll provide the equipment for reasonable price.
Depending on the selected tour, you still need to bring personal basic equipment such as: shoes, clothing, sun protection, water bottle, snacks & isotonic drink, personal documents, medications if you use any, sleeping bag, personal hygiene and cash.
- Comfortable shoes (sneakers) or hiking boots
- Comfortable clothing + extra clothing (to change it later)
- Backpack (15-30 L)
- Sun protection (sunblock cream, cap, sunglasses)
- Weather protection (depending on weather conditions: umbrella or raincoat, wind-jacket)
- Water bottle ( min 2L)
- Snacks (energy bars) & isotonic drink
- Medications if you use any
- Personal documents (ID, medical insurance card )
Extra: Cash (for souvenirs, drinks and food not included in the program, guide tip)
All tours and programs must be paid prior to performing (no later than 15 days).
Cancellation by Customer
If a customer cancels a paid travel package/trip, Mountain Traveller Croatia is entitled to retain the following amounts of the total price of the travel package:
- up to 30 days prior to departure, 10% of the travel package price no less than 100 HRK
- 29-22 days prior to departure, 30% of the travel package price
- 21-15 days prior to departure, 40% of the travel package price
- 14-8 days prior to departure, 50% of the travel package price
- 7-0 days prior to departure and after departure, 70% of the travel package price
- no show – 100 % of the travel package price
Cancellation by Mountain Traveller Croatia
MTC reserves the right to cancel trips. If we are forced to cancel a trip we will attempt to find an adequate replacement. However MTC may not be held liable for any other losses incurred as a result of the cancellation of the planned activity.
Cancellation of a planned activity may occur due to:
- adverse weather conditions namely generally objective circumstances. No refunds will be issued for trips affected by acts of nature (storm, forest fire, stormy wind). These occur naturally in mountain environments and are beyond our control. If we believe these factors will affect the safety of a program, MTC reserves the right to relocate or reschedule a trip. If no arrangements can be reached to relocate or reschedule a trip, the cost will be credited towards another MTC program if used within a year
- failure of payment by client at least 7 days prior the trip
- if clients have less time available than agreed upon as that decreases the quality of the travel package/trip
In order to ensure your place in the MTC activities, clients must fill out a request and upon receipt of the offer they sent a reservation confirmation and deposit payment.The deposit is paid in the amount of 50% (currency: HRK) of the total price of the selected activity. The rest of payment is to be paid no later than 15 days before the date of the activity or documentation is provided of indisputable insurance of total payment of the activity. Whereupon the client does not fulfill his/her obligation no later than 15 days prior to the date of the trip, it shall be deemed that he/she has cancelled the reservation without the possibility of refunding the deposit.
Payments (currency HRK) can be made via the account at Splitska banka: 2330003-1153288854 (IBAN: HR3323300031153288854) or via Pay Pal.