Classic Tour: Viewpoint Tour
Gear up and take a look from above
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Discovery, Family, Food & Wine, Guided Tours
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Large Group
This is most popular hiking tour that passes the right edge of the Velika Paklenica Canyon and reveals views of the most salient points of Paklenica National park. A pretty interesting tour for your camera. You will meet several faces of Paklenica: wild and stone, tame and wooded, combination of karst terrain and beautiful scenery.
Upon arrival in a 100 years old mountain hut a guest gets a warm welcome by an always pleasant and cheerful host awaiting him with a homemade brandy, tea and juice made of Velebit herbs as well as honey. Tasting is followed by a traditional dish called "peka" , dish baked „under the bell“ on fire. After the meal we are visiting Sklopina site, an area of houses built into the rock joints.
Return by a path that follows very bottom of the canyon along the creek Paklenica.
- professional mountain leader service
- accident insurance
- snack/lunch during activity
- entrance ticket for the NP Paklenica
- transfer (on request)
- travel insurance
Duration: 8 hours (app.walking time: 6h)
Activity level: K2- MODERATE/T1
Altitude difference: 850m+
Terrain: gravel – rocky/mountain & tourist path
Departure: Usually we meet the group at the entrance of Paklenica National park. After taking the entrance tickets we continue towards the upper parking lot of Velika Paklenica Canyon where we start our walk. Also, here is the end of tour.
Transfer: on request
Lunch: Possible to have a meal at the mountain hut where you can taste homemade brandy, tea and juice from Velebit herbs as well as honey. Tasting is followed by a traditional dish called „Peka“, baked „under the bell“ on fire. You can choose more options: barbecue, bean, omelette or cooked vegetable.
As all the groceries are delivered to the hut only by horses and donkeys (no accessible roads for car access), it is necessary to order a meal in advance.
Whether you want to order lunch, we recommend that you bring some snacks (sweet & salty) during activity.
Please contact us if you wish to make reservations for lunch.
For your own safety and the pleasant stay in nature you need to know which minimum of equipment to use and bring with you. Below is a list of necessities for your trip that you'll always get from us, to prepare good for a tour. Mountain Traveller Croatia guides reserve the right to refuse providing service to those customers who do not have basic equipment.
In case you don't have basic and/or additional equipment please let us know and we'll provide the equipment for reasonable price.
Depending on the selected tour, you still need to bring personal basic equipment such as: shoes, clothing, sun protection, water bottle, snacks & isotonic drink, personal documents, medications if you use any, sleeping bag, personal hygiene and cash.
- Comfortable shoes (sneakers) or hiking boots
- Comfortable clothing + extra clothing (to change it later)
- Backpack (15-30 L)
- Sun protection (sunblock cream, cap, sunglasses)
- Weather protection (depending on weather conditions: umbrella or raincoat, wind-jacket)
- Water bottle ( min 2L)
- Snacks (energy bars) & isotonic drink
- Medications if you use any
- Personal documents (ID, medical insurance card )
Extra: Cash (for souvenirs, drinks and food not included in the program, guide tip)
All tours and programs must be paid prior to performing (no later than 15 days).
Cancellation by Customer
If a customer cancels a paid travel package/trip, Mountain Traveller Croatia is entitled to retain the following amounts of the total price of the travel package:
- up to 30 days prior to departure, 10% of the travel package price no less than 100 HRK
- 29-22 days prior to departure, 30% of the travel package price
- 21-15 days prior to departure, 40% of the travel package price
- 14-8 days prior to departure, 50% of the travel package price
- 7-0 days prior to departure and after departure, 70% of the travel package price
- no show – 100 % of the travel package price
Cancellation by Mountain Traveller Croatia
MTC reserves the right to cancel trips. If we are forced to cancel a trip we will attempt to find an adequate replacement. However MTC may not be held liable for any other losses incurred as a result of the cancellation of the planned activity.
Cancellation of a planned activity may occur due to:
- adverse weather conditions namely generally objective circumstances. No refunds will be issued for trips affected by acts of nature (storm, forest fire, stormy wind). These occur naturally in mountain environments and are beyond our control. If we believe these factors will affect the safety of a program, MTC reserves the right to relocate or reschedule a trip. If no arrangements can be reached to relocate or reschedule a trip, the cost will be credited towards another MTC program if used within a year
- failure of payment by client at least 7 days prior the trip
- if clients have less time available than agreed upon as that decreases the quality of the travel package/trip
In order to ensure your place in the MTC activities, clients must fill out a request and upon receipt of the offer they sent a reservation confirmation and deposit payment.The deposit is paid in the amount of 50% (currency: HRK) of the total price of the selected activity. The rest of payment is to be paid no later than 15 days before the date of the activity or documentation is provided of indisputable insurance of total payment of the activity. Whereupon the client does not fulfill his/her obligation no later than 15 days prior to the date of the trip, it shall be deemed that he/she has cancelled the reservation without the possibility of refunding the deposit.
Payments (currency HRK) can be made via the account at Splitska banka: 2330003-1153288854 (IBAN: HR3323300031153288854) or via Pay Pal.